Can life get any better than grilling and consuming good old fashioned cheeseburgers? Yes it can – add some more cheese INSIDE the burger!
We live in Wisconsin where cheese is a food group so it makes perfect sense to us at Quality Tool Service! And if you’re going to grill cheeseburgers, don’t insult the meat with fake cheese. Get some real cheddar cheese for the top and high quality blue cheese for the center (you know, the kind that’s tangy enough to make you twitch). If you don’t know what good cheese is let us know, we’ll get you a comprehensive list. Once you try these, you will never live your life in mediocrity again eating plain cheeseburgers.
1 ½ lbs of ground beef
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp garlic powder
1 ¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
4 tbsp blue cheese crumbles
Vegetable (for oiling the grill)
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Put the meat in a large bowl and add the garlic powder, salt, Worcestershire, and pepper. Mix with your hands until evenly combined.
- Divide the meat into 8 equal portions, pressing each portion into ¼ inch thick patties.
- Place 1 tbsp (plus or minus of course) of the blue cheese crumbles into the center of one of the patties. Then, take another patty and set it on top. Pinch the edges to create a tight seal so the cheese doesn’t ooze out while you’re grilling. Round out the edges and press the top of the patty to flatten it into one single thick patty. Repeat with the rest of the patties to form 4 single patties.
- Heat the grill to medium high (375°F to 425°F) and oil the grill by using tongs to rub several layers of paper towels dipped in vegetable oil onto the grill.
- Place the patties on the grill, close it, and cook undisturbed about 3 to 4 minutes (until dark grill marks appear on the bottom). Pro-Tip: Do not press down on the patties!
- Flip the burgers and cook another 3 to 4 minutes until grill marks appear on the other side and the patties are cooked through.
- Remove patties from the grill and let sit for 5 minutes so the cheese isn’t too hot when served. Warning: Contents inside are equivalent to molten lava, you are going to want to chow down immediately but exercise self control, otherwise your punishment will be severe!
- Bonus Tip: Butter and grill hamburger buns until lightly toasted while the patties sit.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
And remember, if you like our recipes, you’ll should check out our service at weld fixtures and engineering services at QTS. Give us a call to talk about your next project, or contact us here.