Here’s a recipe for the books! Took some convincing but Gordon twisted my arm and I finally agreed to give up my famous smoked beef brisket egg bake recipe. NOTE: Please refer to last months smoked brisket recipe for the main staple ingredient for this awesome dish.
- 28 oz Thawed bag of Hash browns containing diced onions and peppers
- 75 oz. Can Cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Soup can of milk (use empty cream of mushroom can)
- Cups of shredded sharp cheddar
- Cup sour cream
- ½ Stick butter (melted)
- 8 Eggs (beat)
- 1 Pinch of black pepper
- 1-2 Lbs. of Smoked brisket (go for it, add 2#’s!!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 9×13 deep cake pan.
- Season beaten eggs with a pinch of pepper, pour into your lightly greased baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine hash browns, brisket, soup, milk, sour cream, and cheese. Mix well and pour over eggs.
- Optional – Spice it up with your favorite seasoning.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, then remove from the oven and drizzle the melted butter and remaining shredded cheese over the top.
- Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.