Dave Schroeder, our Manufacturing Engineer, is bringing us this month’s “famous” recipe! This is a classic deep-dish pizza dough recipe that is sure to satisfy your cravings for deep, delicious pizza!
- 1-1/3 Cup warm water (105°F)
- 1/4 Cup nonfat powdered milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 4 Cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all ingredients and mix for 7 minutes with dough hook.
- Place towel over mixing bowl and let sit in warm area for 4 hours.
- Separate dough as required for the size baking dishes you will be using.
- For (2) 9″ and (1) 12″ aluminum cake pans, split dough in 1/2 and then split one of the 1/2 sections in 1/2 to make three balls of dough.
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in the base of each cake pan.
- Hand press the dough to the edges of the pan.
- Cover each pan and let rise for another 45 minutes.
- Start the oven at 500°F to preheat for 45 minutes.
- Prepare pizzas as desired.
- Spray the edges of the pizza crust with butter flavored cooking spray
- Place the pizza in the cake pan directly on the baking stone and cook for approximately 5 minutes, watch carefully and rotate as needed.
- Remove when the top is golden brown.